Monday, October 27, 2008

CIP

When was the last time you do CIP (abbr. Community Involvement Project) voluntarily? Before yesterday, for me it was.... err... cant remember. Yes I did few CIP social works; flag day, duty for sports meet etc, but that was because I need some CCA points. Well, indeed we can contribute to the society we live in, in many different ways. But when did we show our direct care towards those in need???

For me, it was yesterday. Last week, my FA (Family Altar, small group in church) leader, NB, sms-ed all the members that there would be a social-related project this Sunday. It was kind of 'do good, no string attached' thing. Initially my response was 'WTH...' which was, of course, not the way I replied to NB. To be politically correct, I replied with a simple 'ok'. So yeah, that was the background story.

Yesterday, then... My FA was split into smaller group of 4. Then, my headache started. Come on, if you ask me to host an impromptu game for 20 persons without, I am sure I am able to do it. But impromptu social stuff... Despite this and my sleepiness due to not sleeping the day before (coz NB said on YRC Sat, please come for FA) I did it anyways, leaving all the planning to the rest.

From the activity yesterday I learned a few things. First, I am really an executor. You see, it was easy for me to plan routes, bought that 7 bottles of pet bottle drinks and talked to that security guard. Well, maybe this can be used further though I would not know how. But hey, a learning point rite? Second, I walk pretty fast. Many times I realized that my group mates were walking 3-4 steps behind me. Maybe I wanted to finish the thing fast subconsciously because I knew there was not enough time to do all the things Renanda wanted to do. Third, I am too practical. I did not give a damn about those street buskers because 'they earn more than 5 bucks per hour wad?' which is my minimum wage. Maybe good maybe bad...

Ok, thats all about the activity yesterday. NB, if you read this, here you go, the piece of reflecion... But then again, even that you didnt tell us to do so, I'll write it anyways...

No comments: