Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dream

Exam period is back. Typically I would hog a meeting room to mug in. But this time round, I am not doing such things. Partially because of Jangkrik, but maybe just because my bed is getting too comfy.

Anyways, here's a little something I want to share. I am getting hooked with this band called Skillet. According to Yanadi (probably one of those music know-it-alls around) this band genre is alternative. And according to Adit (another one), I should listen to Linkin Park as well. I came to know this band from a facebook's my heroes ability page. I was hooked after 2 songs ('Savior' and 'Rebirth'). Right now there are 10 skillet songs in my shuffle. Well, I have only 30+ songs in my shuffle. Probably I could consider myself a panhead haha....

Next topic I am going to ramble about is Amazing Grace, that hymn. Out of 6 stanzas, I only know 2 stanzas. Despite this, and the no-mention of God on those stanzas, it is simply one of favorite songs of mine. Well, I might not have mentioned it but generally I enjoy rock, rap, etc compared to mellow songs. But this apparently does not carry over to my favorite type of music (Christian songs). Why I mentioned Amazing Grace here then? Do you notice that in all 6 stanzas of the song, only a 'God' and a 'The Lord' are stated? And it is not in the first few stanzas usually sung in churches... That is, if stanzas 4 and 6 were to be omitted, you (if you happen not to know the song previously) will think that this song is referred to a girl called Grace! Yet, it is simply one of the greatest hymn ever, because of its message. Oh well, I did not realize this till 2 days ago!

Oh, and this might be comical, yet let me write it here haha. Suddenly I found out that my wedding day is tomorrow! I was truly shocked. The venue would be in a restaurant located on a ship. Apparently a friend of mine opened this restaurant with her sister. I ran to this photo studio where I am supposed to take a picture in formal setting. Because I need to wait for these two girls furiously posing for the camera, I was told to play XBOX first. Lo and behold, I was shot by a cameraman, saying that natural pose is better for the picture. Then I realized that I havent bought a ring. I went to Orchard Road, entered this shop in Mandarin Hotel to buy one. Then, the attendant told me that they have closed. After that, she asked me why did I not buy the ring earlier (10am) while I flirted with the other attendant. Well, a little disappointed I walked out of the shop and saw Ivan (the Ivan, my cell leader), interestingly he was wearing his typical long sleeve roundneck and jeans. He said that he wont come for my wedding. And after that, I woke up! Luckily, my wedding is not tomorrow!!!

PS: Reminder to self, dont attempt to buy a wedding ring JUST before the wedding haha.

3 comments:

Wai said...

I guess if your wedding is tomorrow, exams wouldn't be that important anymore. ;)

William said...

the way you write it sounds like you already have a wedding planned, it's upcoming already, but it's just that it's not tomorrow.

Aditzz said...

try nickelback too