Friday, November 28, 2008

Genesis

In the end it was decided that I joined them to establish a HQ for this term exam. Initially we were hogging one of the project room of R2 but we switched to R6 yesterday because of a few reasons. The exam itself has been pretty good in my opinion. At least I got a question correct out of 4 questions for 3112-MoM and 2151 was not that bad either. Well, I guess this time round I am more prepared. Interestingly the schedule for this semester exam is pretty nice. Tuesday, Thursday, another one on following week's Tuesday and Thursday, ultimately giving enough time to read. Like today I managed to get a lot of rest, because my next paper is still 3 days away. So I challenged Steven for a little bit hardcore game of poetry. It goes like this. A person gives 10 words for the other to write. As for us, I gave 5, he gave 5. It turned out to be a little difficult because our two fields are pretty mismatched. I do engineering while he does fashion designing. Probably the only common factor is the sewing machine. Nevertheless, here's the result of my writing (not really what you call a poetry, just something come out of my mind, kind of semi prose). The words given were in Bahasa Indonesia, so yeah.. need to write in Bahasa too...


Pada mulanya sekolahnya menciptakan kertas-kertas soal ujian
Batok kelapa sang murid belum berisi dan kosong;
Gelap gulita menutupi otak sang murid

Kadang telepon genggam sang murid pun berbunyi
“Halo, kenapa say, mau ketemu di mana?”
Tugas aku? Ah ntar aja deh, satu jam juga selesai…”
Dan diapun tinggalkan itu laporan

Kadang sang murid punya uang
Bukannya beli buku pedoman buat belajar mesin uap
Atau tentang proses pembuatan lakban
Malahan dia makan di restoran

Kadang si kurang kerjaan punya waktu
Ambil sitar, ambil gitar, mulailah dia bersenang-senang
Belajar bukan jadi pilihan; kurang ajar
Tiba-tiba setengah tahun pun lewat

Minggu membaca tiba, matanya berkaca-kaca
Bagaimana caranya sekarang?
Oh Tuhan, dia sujud menyembah
Aku menyesal, katanya
Tidak kuulangi lagi, katanya
Dan Tuhannya menolong dia
Dikasih-Nya rumus fisika buat jawab soal
B+ B+ B- C+ B-

Dirasanya gembira, dan dia ditelepon si dia
“Halo, kenapa say, mau ketemu di mana?”
“Semester depan? Ah ntar aja deh, satu minggu juga selesai…”

1 comment:

William said...

batok kepala!! bukan kelapa
ini sem kapan yah kira2