Saturday, December 20, 2008

Those Days

Well I'd love to describe myself as badak (Ind for rhino). Those kind of people who can be 'used' (read: work rigorously) for an extended period of time. However, it is kind of slipping away from me these days. In my glory days, I could run 2.4 in 10:34. Now? Maybe it's 16 or 17. Heheh... Those days I could carry stuff for long time, could stay alert with little sleep should it be needed, could swim 400 non stop... Dang... Kind of wanting to go back to that state. Just few days back, I could get KOed because a not so hardcore camp and a BBQ. Maybe what I need is an extra amount of exercise. After becoming the Asst Email Replying Machine of IRC, probably I am doing less manual work unlike those logging days. Kind of dropping my amount of exercise n maybe that overall metabolism rate. Today I went to run and voila... how my badak level has dropped. Only 23 minutes of running! And not even a round of A2 route (I dont think it is farther than 8.5km - my max during those days)! So yeah, maybe time to call the badak back home?

3 comments:

William said...

yeah..
I have "those days" too..
"those days" when I was 15kg lighter..

Wai said...

Still young man. =) Rock on!

The Lame One said...

Eh, u r not that old either...