Monday, September 14, 2009

Hallyu-ed

Hallyu wave -> refers to the increased popularity of South Korean culture around the world since the 21st century, especially among the Millenial Generation... That was taken from wiki... And so many people (including readers here) know that I am into K-Pop stuff (which is pretty weird according to many). While K-Pop can be characterized by the presence of eye candies, I beg to differ on why I like K-Pop. The songs are actually good n catchy. Anyways, sharing with you here two three of my favorite songs.

link to 2AM - This Song
I came to heard of this quartet from dingdong who informed me of 2PM (2AM and 2PM came from the same project). I was impressed at their ability to belt such mellow type song, considering I saw 2PM bboy-hiphop style first. After I googled the meaning behind the lyric of the song I was even further impressed.

link to FT Island - I Hope
I know the existence of this band from a reality show which was joined by one of the members. Anyways, I didnt know there was a popular band amidst the girlband/boyband wave in Korean music scene. This song has uber cool intro, mild-smooth verse and damn cool chorus. The MV is pretty interesting too.

*edited 301009 0328*
link to Taeyang - Where U At
Well, this fella is one of the five members of Big Bang. This solo single is catchy. Sleek dance moves, decent (if not uber good) voice, smooth song, numerous English parts, enough for me to play this song repeatedly. (note to self: dingdong immediately entered her drool drool mode once I intro-ed this song)

1 comment:

Jessie Lim said...

korean pop is big love! :D