Tuesday, February 23, 2010

On Hell

Ya know there is a kind of Chinese tradition, whereby when someone pass away, the relatives of that person would burn hell money and paper buildings (I think it is what they call it) which I found a little bit intriguing. Being Chinese myself I often wondered, why this thing has been carried out. According to my older relatives, this is done in order to provide money (and necessities) to the spirits/ghosts so that they can get some comfort in their after life. Oh well, I found this tradition stupid.

Wait a sec....

I am not talking about this from religious (spirits do not live like human) or the lack thereof (there is no after life) point of view. I have my own set of belief on this from that angle, and so do you, I guess. But, let's talk about this in term of economy instead. This is more interesting in my opinion.

First of all, have you ever noticed how much money being burned every time (ie the denomination)? It can reach about more than hundreds of millions... Insane right? Such amount of money can create hyperinflation worse than Europe in early 1900s. I could elaborate further on this, but just click the wiki link. It basically explains what I want to say.

Burning paper buildings doesnt help either... Since no soul (by logic) can escape from hell, and there is a constant supply of people going to hell, (and let's assume hell is not expanding, ok?) there is going to be overpopulation in hell. So where the hell are you going to put your building (pun intended)? Oh wait... You can always set up Hell Development Board (and of course... no freehold). Even if hell is expanding, come on... By convention hell is pretty hot eh? In such climate, you are going to need a lot of air conditioner to keep your huge houses cool. Such a waste of energy right?
(TLO recently received a nice point from Sec, his friend : might as well build a gas-fuelled electricity plant... since hell is THAT hot... then you can generate money)

So, having said all the nonsense above, my suggestion Nonk's suggestion is to burn SNSD humanoid paper doll. Ya know, I think that really makes sense. Things can get very hot in hell, so why not turn it even hotter? Moreover, souls in hell might need entertainment eh? And with so much money they have (see above), I am sure they dont mind paying a million or two to watch SNSD. Oh and tell your relatives to burn 3 sets of costumes for SNSD to wear on performance every week please...

*edited 230210 2337*
giving proper credit to Nonk on his SNSD idea...
sto NONK orz

4 comments:

William said...

SNSD's my idea, no?

The Lame One said...

AH YES!!! CORRECT!!! I'll give the credit lol... Now I remember....

parkjungah said...

aih..itu duit bukan buat foya2..buat nyogok hell's officials ama buat bayar celestial debts..haha..

parkjungah said...

by left, org2 yg masuk k alam baka, punya utang dosa ampir infinite, jadi harus anak cucu yg bayar pelan2 n ga bakal kelar, pake hell's money..haha.. unless, loe mati tp naik pangkat..haha..