Saturday, July 21, 2007

Interview with The Lame One

The Lame One (TLO) is a CCA-whore, specializing in orientation programmes. He's been super busy with his projects and thus, it is very fortunate of me to be able to get a interview with him. This is the excerpt of the interview...

Me: Hi, good afternoon, thanks for your time... I heard you have been very busy with your projects up to a point you have been missing since 4 July 2007. What have you been doing all these days?

TLO: Wah lau... Very damn busy la. 6-7 July got Oweek dry run, then 9-14 got Union camp. Then after that must be ready for those Indon freshies. Then MF also got the meetings n stuff. U damn lucky lorh got time to interview me one...

Me: Are you indicating that you are free today?

TLO: No la! Where got free... Yesterday call ppl up for the councillors for Oweek. Some never pickup, today must call again. Some give wrong number. Bah! Hate this kind of thing... N later 6pm I must go back to PGP leh... Those Indons going to Orchard, I must join them one...

Me: You were mentioning about PGP. Despite your abundance of CCA points, why do you not move to hall? I heard that it is more fun staying at halls.

TLO: Hall fun. Ya, true true. But then my frenz are in PGP. Then I know the security guards, techies, RA of PGP. Some more I already involved in outside activities..

Me: NUSSU, you mean?

TLO: Ya lorh... I like hanging around in NUSSU Sect. If I stay in hall one, I dont think can be as active as now... By the way arh... 2 of those NUSSU Exco have been influenced by my sandal-kicking antics hahahaha...

Me: That's quite an interesting fact. Speaking of which, you have rubbed shoulders with quite a few of those excos during the Union Camp. What do you think of them?

TLO: Ei bro! Dont say UC UC hor... I dun like UC one! Ok ok... I must be professional one... Hmm. Those excos are not camp material lah! Only Donald can lead cheer but toned down already according to Jeeremiah. Others, hmm... Can lah, but cannot make it in my standard. But then hor, wad to say... Everyday do paperwork, throat cannot cheer already.

Me: That is an interesting theory. There is a thing that I would like to clarify. One of the councillors of Paikia, Amy Leo has expressed her interest on becoming an OGL of Engin Oweek. You, as the VPD of Oweek, have expressed your doubt about this. Is this true?

TLO: Gam puah true lah! Dry run one she everyday call call call call people one. Quotation this. Quotation that. Then hor UC also never heard her lead a cheer. Like that want to be OGL arh? Must really impress me during the second dry run la. I talk to my boss already. He also thinks the same. I heard she busy coz the HonFin of NUSSU zhao somewhere. Then I think she should not become OGL lorh, do her stuff first.

Me: There is another rumour circulating around that you do cheer in the middle of lectures. Is it true? I can picture you doing the 'wad say you say' cheer in LT7A you know.

TLO: *!@#$%*!@#$%^&*( not true la! Outside camp I'm just normal Engin guy. A lot people think like you lah, especially after watching http://youtube.com/watch?v=rUIHV7WgPeQ but I say again arh. Not true! I only go high on camps!

Me: Really? Hmm, maybe we really cant judge the book from its cover.

TLO: Ya lorh, that's exactly what Sharon said. You know, that girl from Hydra then UC joining Paikia.

Me: Your romantic interest, perhaps?

TLO: Wah lau! You want to die is it? She attached FYI. But yeah, quite some people ask me already wad my traffic light status is. Some think I am red already leh.

Me: And you are?

TLO: Dont have driving license yet.

Me: Uh, sophisticated answer. But I'm just curious about this. Do you expect your wife to be able to cheer as loud as you?

TLO: Err, no lar. Prefer my wife to be quiet one. Someone to control my self-high. Im not Shing Lam larh. He expect his wife to 'Ecstasy' cheer before bed leh! And he eyes someone already haha...

Me: And who might that be?

TLO: Secret la. Oei, why talk about this? Back to laptop larh!

Me: Sorry about that, Sir. Shall we talk about Oweek?

TLO: Ok, fine. Wad u want to ask? I a bit piss off one about Oweek but can larh... Professional one.

Me: Exactly. I heard from a trusted source that you lost your temper during last Oweek meeting. I do believe that you have your own reasons?

TLO: Ya lorh. First I very the sorry one I piss off leh. You see, I got a handicap in Singapore. Cant speak Chinese, and thats why I want to take Chinese next sem. Then in the meeting everyone speak Chinese. Ok, I can take it to a certain extent but yesterday hor, got s*** happens la. They never allow FD stay during Oweek. Ok lah, as committee I ok, can take it one. But after all they allow Joel to make a house leh. Not fair rite?!

Me: But that does not justify your anger, does it?

TLO: Ya lorh, I know. That's why I sorry one. After that, that Tsin Li ask those FD are councillors or freshie. I say freshie. Then she says this 'Freshie wad? Who cares?' This one arh, enuf already. Come on la, I study TR2201 then I heard this s*** arh, cant take it already. This point I explode alr lorh. Lucky only 2 words 'I care!'

Me: Why would you call that lucky? I mean afterwards, Shing Lam talked to you regarding this and this shows your failure, isnt it?

TLO: As in lucky I never whack her right in the face! Lucky I can control a bit my anger! I bet no one want to see me angry rite?

Me: Judging from your dark past, yes. I do not want to see you 100% angry.

TLO: Better like that. I also dont like my temper leh. I want to control more lah. But I a human mah, got some threshold thingy. You cross this threshold, I explode. But trust me, yesterday only 25% of my temper out. Hopefully I dont explode again during MF or Oweek.

Me: I hope so. Interestingly, for MF you are given a security officer position which require you to be intimidating sometimes. Your job scope is to ensure that no unauthorised personnel can enter MPSH and its surrounding. Do you make any preparations yet, considering security is an important aspect of MF?

TLO: Erm, sorry ah. But I dont think I use threat to chase those bugger out of MPSH. This MF I rather see as challenge. Can I hold my anger in front of those irritating bugger? Can I be authoritative without being scary? This one must rub my chest all the time.

Me: It's been nice talking to you. But I see it is almost 5.30. You do not want to be late for your next programme do you? Thanks for your time and cooperation.

TLO: Welcome. See you again arh. I think ur question list not finish yet haha...

Me: Certainly so...

2 comments:

William said...

nah ini baru keren hahahaha..

The Lame One said...

hahha... masi baca, nonk... makasih...