Sunday, August 19, 2007

Cheer v Praise

As might have been observed I always draw a parallel line between my secular life and my spiritual life. Well this time I would present my case on why cheering is at lower level than praise. Many regards my cheering ability above normal. I once did a list on how many cheers I could actually lead and it turned out that I had a collection of 39 cheers (not included those I can half-lead). All the lesson I have learned from cheering apparently showed me that praising God is of a higher level than cheering.

In cheers, you shout your heart out loud.
In praise, you shout your heart n soul out loud.

In cheers, the text does not matter, as long as you high can already.
In praise, while the text matter, the most important thing is the heart of worship, being high is not enough.

In cheers, you build the spirit of the team.
In praise, you build the throne of God.

In cheers, if you do stupid actions with your team, no one is ashamed.
In praise, even if you are the only one doing a stupid action, you wont feel ashamed.

In cheers, 'we' (including me) are the best.
In praise, 'He' (not including me) is the best.

In cheers, the happier your heart is, the better.
In praise, even your heart is broken like mad, God is still pleased.

In cheers, you must smile!
In praise, you can cry!

In cheers, louder is better.
In praise, louder can be worse if your heart is not set on the correct place.

In cheers, you shout out loud nonsense after the cheer to maintain the high-ness.
In praise, you shout out loud after the cheer how you praise God in your own words.

In cheers, you can insult anyone.
In praise, no insulting please...

See what I mean, praise is of higher level rite??

No comments: