Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Polithinks

Many things past through my brain today... I wonder why most of those related to politics. Am I into politics now???

---------------

I found out that from FASS, the two candidates of NUSSU Exco are Jasmine (Bizcom) and Shawn (PRU). Hmm.. That makes it more fun! So far, those MOST LIKELY to be Exco next year would be

Engin: Zhaowei (Neutral), Amy (Bizcom)
FASS: Jasmine (Bizcom), Shawn (PRU)
SDE: Donald (Bizcom), Michelle (Bizcom)
Sci: Caine (CBLC), Jeremiah (PRU/NVAC)
Comp: Scott (Bizcom), ???
PA: Herman (Bizcom), Junjie (Bizcom)
CAC: Jiancheng (Bizcom), ???

Hmm... Quite a good one... Considering Engin (the stronghold of PRU) has been taken over somehow... But they still have the Sports Club!!! And they have taken one seat from FASS, and a total of 3 seats (improvement from last year 1 seat)... Oh well.... For the benefit of those who are not from NUS, imagine NUSSU as a big country holding a general election. Engin, FASS, etc etc are the contested seats while Bizcom, PRU, etc etc are the contesting parties. NUS fun huh? With all its politics hahaha...

------------

Speaking of which... I predict that the key to next year PINUS (Perhimpunan Indonesia NUS) general election would be Laura (aka Bulau). This is based on these three observations:
1. Bul was the PD of Kulinus (major event of PINUS) and it was a blast!
2. Bul has the strong 'sidekicks' (Bim, Cin, TLO, Ismy)
3. Bul has generally received well by the top Excos

I bet if she runs as the chairperson (oh well, she is as short as a chair, JK!) she would definitely win. But she told me that she is not that interested to be a chairperson. So there! Her support becomes invaluable. Like when Indonesia had its general election. Why else SBY chose JK other than because he wanted JK pool of supporters from East Indo and Golkar... Similarly, Bulau has quite a wide support. If someone wants to be chairperson of PINUS, he must grab Bulau's support. So yeah, I can think of 3 people who might try to be chairperson next year. Here's the analysis!

1. Danny
Running last year as well. Due to lack of preparation and experience, soundly defeated by more prepared Maulana. Slacker style. Have a big dream about PINUS, coming from arts background. This year Arts and Culture Division Head. Possible VC: Laura.

2. Dipta
Probably running as his nationalism spirit is quite high. Strong candidate on his own. Pretty onst. Coming from hall background. Has his own pool of supporters. This year has been active in PINUS FC and Kulinite. However, he is not that ambitious according to Bulau. Possible VC: Yuven.

3. Ivan
Pioneer cum captain of PINUS FC. This year Sports Division Head. Name mentioned here because of Teddy's idea. Probably not running as chairperson according to TLO's analysis coz he would be busy in his work and PINUS FC. Possible VC: Laura.

4. Eve
Ambitious at times. So might run as chairperson. Who knows? Judging from her grip on Kulinite talkshow this year, she might want to go up next year. Authoritative and plan-based. These two characteristics serve as strength and weakness. She would tie up with those who is strong and who thinks along the same way as her. So, possible VC: Henry.

5. Henry
Teddy thinks it's the other way round... So here it is! Yay! Let's see... Possible VC: Eve.

-----------

And the next thing I need to jot down here is the Engin Club Election yay! I am not running! I dunno, I was thinking that I could win the election this year. Not that I have a lot of support, but I think that I am quite famous in the sense that I am here, there, everywhere. However, my not running this year would be my way of punishing myself from my failure in Oweek. Some more I havent finished learning my Chinese 1 module. I bet if I run (and most likely accepted) history would repeat itself... From this year Oweek Comm, TsinLi, Edi and Yman are running. I bet they are those shoo in candidates. They are like everywhere too...

-----------

Disclaimer: The content of this post is influenced to some extent by Teddy, the guy whom I regard as my senior in NUSSU. Other than that, most analysis comes from TLO. However, I dont want to be sued due to my post!

No comments: