Saturday, September 29, 2007

Life-Exams

Well, I did it again... I discloc my shoulder (see my previous post) This time, I was playing basketball with my crazy dudes (well, n one girl, Gaby)... We played two rounds and on the second round there was this time that Vinz n me were contesting for a high flying pass. Obviously, body contact is inevitable and sadly our my right hand was caught by his swatting hand n yeah, I could feel the slight pain (but very sharp) on my shoulder n I could hear a *cluck* from my right shoulder. It was not really painful but the feeling was disturbing. Imagine your right arm dangling... Funny feeling isnt it?? Amazingly I could 'fix' the dangling arm on my own by pressing my elbow sharply.

Oh well, from that incident I have learned something. One, do not attempt something funny with your already injured body part. Two, I learnt why there are hardships in the world. To elaborate the second point, let me start a new paragraph hahha...

Many people complain why God makes a human undergoes some trials / tribulations in his life. I believe that it is a part and parcel of living, similar to exam is part and parcel to schooling. Well, at school you will learn the material systematically ie, you start with lower level first then moving on to the higher level at a STIPULATED PACE. God on the other hands, would not set a pace, instead, He would keep giving us problems till we understand and pass the life-exam. And similar to how the second time I disloc my shoulder brought me less pain than the first one, the first time God gives exam it would be uber painful. However, to those who is getting the first exam right now, do not worry if you dont pass this time round, the second time and subsequent times, the exam would not be as hard. Do not be disheartened, instead "... Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go" (Joshua 1:9)

I have read similar a similiar stuff from GFresh! (just now i tried to search it online but resulted in nothing) magazine. In an illustrated story (Groovy Friends), the main character Getto has lost his temper many times. He then complains why such a weird character of his. However, his close friend (whose name I forget, Chris or something) explains that it is better for him to face it now than in future when he is married... Well, I think that article also mentioned something about God waiting till we pass our life exams. So yeah, I might not be ready for my life-exams, but bring it on! Make me tougher!

No comments: