Wednesday, June 27, 2007

51st Post: Tribute To Flying Dutchman

Whoo yeah... Havent really write much here other than short recaps which did not really represent my thoughts. My ENGIN CAMP 2007 has been real great. I have to say that it is greater than the 2006 one. Speaking of which I have just found Lynn (lynn-lime) blog haha... A bit missed the last year camp when I was a freshie and as Evonne put it: any fresher you have to peel it yourself haha. Anyways, just want to quote from my OG mate, Chong Yi about the camp

Whether FD won the first or not is not important. (We know the truth
ourself. Rite?) Most important is our friendship bonding, our
Dutchman spirit of flying and striving till the end and lastly
having fun in the camp.

Even though it's just 4 Dayz and 4 Nitez, our friendships like we've
known each others for mths or even yrs. That's what i'm proud of and
I hope that even yrs down the route after we graduate, our
friendship remains burning strong and bright. It's really possible
cos even my pri sch mates(it's like 10 yrs back!!!) have gathering
recently too...

Remember the first dayz when our spirit were not high enough, the
councillors really does a great job in requesting only "essence"
from us. The lame entertainment and games helps to boost our morale
for the next few dayz...

What's unbelievable is the Sentosa dayz... Cycling to a point, park
our bicycles(with the help of some councillors looking after them)
and run to our checkpoint really seems more like playing Sentosa
amazing race. Not forgetting our success of only group that complete
all 8 stations in the stipulated time without fail and got the
highest spirit then...

Even though our score change wif Sotong, the "siao on" and never
give up spirit still in us. We even go to the extend of taking taxi
down to AMK and try our ways and means to win the game even though
we were left wif 5 freshies...

Whoo yeah.. It's like indeed true. I am proud to be with these madness-filled guys. The first day I came to the camp I was in the why-the-heck-all-the-guys-look-so-sian state. I just could not see the hint of madness in their eyes especially when I looked at Shee Ling and Keow Koon. I dunno, they are just look too uhau. But they proved me wrong. Shee Ling, despite her small stature and quiet personality is actually a very onst girl. She could keep up with the rest of the FDs. Then KK is moderately onst but she could surprise me sometimes with her eagerness to join many stuff. Cynthia n Qiying were livelier. I could see from the beginning. But to reach such a greater 'heights' well... I salute them.

The guys on the other hands look the cool cool type at the beginning. But I think it is pretty normal for all to behave that way. But one thing suprised me is that they had taken off their masks pretty fast. Only after a telematch all the madness started to oozed out. Cynthia put it this way "...after one day we just gelled already...". Yeah. Indeed true. The essence of cheering has rubbed on each and everyone of us.

So yeah, this post is of a honour towards (in no order of preference) Wyman, Zhaohui, Carine, Yiyang, Fengyi, Linette, Ben, Qiying, Cynthia, Shee Leng, Hong Sheng, KK, James, Kenneth, Chongyi. To all the essence of Flying Dutchman. To all the friendships that were made.

THREE CHEERS, THE THREE CHEERS, THE THREE CHEERS FOR FD....
HIP HIP HOORAY!
HIP HIP HOORAY!
HIP HIP HOORAY!
ESSENCE!

No comments: