Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs

Yesterday I was coming for the MNO1101 (well, dont exactly remember the number) lecture. That mod is a management module. It was just happened that yesterday was the lecture on motivation. Indeed, just wad i need. Anyways, I wouldnt really like to elaborate on what Maslow was actually all about, but in the case somebody die die want to know... Here's the link to wiki. Self service please...

Probably you can see that I have (or at least, I think I have) arrived at the state of self-actualization (sounds like "Muga no Kyōchi" of Prince of Tennis eh?) regarding doing logistic. Well... maybe I could utilize further to reach Teni Muhō No Kiwami then. Hahaha... (too much PoT)

What I have learned yesterday I put it in good use today. After doing a little analysis yesterday, I found out that I am only at the level of "social needs" when it comes to studying. Psychologists out there please do correct me if I am wrong here. I am studying just because my friends are. So my emphasis would be whether I can have fun with my friends upon studying. Hence, following the pyramid, I have no "esteem motivation" aka no need to gain recognition.

Earlier this morning I had a tutorial and a lecture. Meanwhile, after joyfully setting my alarm clock to 8.30am I went to sleep yesterday. Guess what time I woke up? 8.30am... snooze... 8.45am... stunned 8.55am... fell asleep 9.30am... You see... the pattern is that I would come to realization that I have something on, but no mood to move myself from the bed and thus, I would fell asleep again. 9.45am snooze... 9.50am... stunned... 1000am... smsed Yanadi, needed an external help in waking me up! You see, given that I need for a social motivation, I get a friend to wake me up while I woke up already. And no price for guessing, I attended the 1000am lecture (though I came qt late) thanks to Yan... Speaking of which MoM online test coming up! This sat going to do it with the rest of the ME guys. Yay! Social need fulfilled I guess...

PS: project msn update 9/11, 2 more to go!

*updated 1 minute after previous*
PS2: 10/11, last one!

5 comments:

Jessie Lim said...

HAHA. Maslow's hierachy of needs! Its part of social work module too!When my counselling module reaches the part on motivation, I can try to help u raise ur self esteem. HAHA... but that's when I reach that chapter. Rofl.

Unknown said...

did you really roll on the floor laughing?

Jessie Lim said...

ok. I wasn't rolling on the floor laughing. Blah. But I'm serious about the counselling part. Could take the chance to put my skills to practical use too. ^^;;

Aditzz said...

I am also lacking of motivation...and I also have same waking pattern as you...snooze, stun, think, sleep....

The Lame One said...

@dong: ok.. when u reach there tell me hor, try to be taller by then (hahahaa... now i rofl)