Thursday, March 13, 2008

Star Performer

According to Robert E. Kelley (Carnegie Mellon), these are the concepts need to be adopted by average guys to turn themselves into star performers:
1. Initiative - do more than jobscope
2. Networking - getting information before required to do so
3. Self-management - see the big picture of life
4. Perspective - the broader the better
5. Leadership - bring out the best in others
6. Followership - help others, others will help you
7. Teamwork - every star needs a team and vice versa
8. Organizational savvy - avoiding dirty office politics
9. Show and tell - communicative, deliver ideas well

Taken from Kinicki-Williams: Management - A Practical Introduction, pg 447, my MNO1101 textbook... Good one, hope it can be applied...

7 comments:

instrumentaList said...

Rather, I believe we aim on heart transformation. All of these, then, if ever should, would follow.

Unknown said...

do we really need "star"?

The Lame One said...

@instrumentalist:

Luk 2:52 states that "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men" (NIV, if you are not using NIV, please do consult your version and tell me how it is in ur version).

While what you mentioned (heart transformation) might refer to (roughly put it this way) how to get favor with God, my post refers to how to get favor with men. However, I do agree that all those would "if ever should, would follow". After all, favor with God comes first, then favor with men.

----------
@y:

Yes, we really need star. Sun is a star by the way hahha... But do we really need "star"? Yes, we need... Sorry for not defining the terms beforehand, so here it is. "star performer" is one who is doing EXTRAORDINARILY well in an ORGANIZATION (key terms are capitalized).

In any kinds of organizations, as much as star performers is required. Imagine a boardroom of a company filled with guys with the caliber of Steve Jobs.. As I want to do well, I believe that these are good steps to be taken. However, please do refer to the second paragraph of this comment as well.

I understand that the way I summarize it sounds like the guide on how to be kiasu in 10 days, but trust me it is what I have intended. This post is writen in such using terms as close as possible to the book I have referred to.

Aditzz said...

memang stelah MNO....kamu2 akan termotivasi...lecturerlo sapa mike? Si bule bkn?

Dah ntn 12 angry men blm?

The Lame One said...

bukan... oi gitu kok dit... blm ntn 12 angry men... memang denger2 filem keren... mungkin gw bakal nonton di youtube...

Aditzz said...

gw ad videonya....kl mau ngmg aj...buat gw sh ni film keren...bercerita tentang power gt.

Unknown said...

online courses india

I comprehend that the way I outline it sounds like the guide on the best way to be kiasu in 10 days, yet believe me it is the thing that I have planned. This post is writen in such utilizing terms as close as conceivable to the book I have alluded to.