Sunday, March 30, 2008

Many Things...

I am supposedly doing my MNO essay thing now. But hell, I'm stuck. No problem, I'll get it fixed one way or another. So that's of no worry... Anyways, yesterday when I went to the YRC Saturday service, instead of taking down the normal sermon note, I wrote down what I thought. Upon reading it now, I realize that I have super weird thought which might be useful if I write it down. So, as usual, I record it here. The message was about loving the unloveable. The Scripture reading was on the shortie, ZACCHAEUS (Luk 19:1-10), how he was easily the most despicable living human then but Jesus came to his house to nongkrong (Indo for sit around and relax). Below is the transcript of my thoughts.

290308 1847h
If I can find solace in the Word of God,
why is it the ones who makes me stressed up
are Christians who are supposed to be the
Fifth Gospel?
Without the realization that no man is perfect,
I would definitely not a Christian by now
~JK~ /disappointed with all few people
who claim themselves as serious Christians
-saigangking- /so I look to You

There are more stuff I wrote. But those are irrelevant by now. Anyways, the main point is that the phrase 'The Fifth Gospel'. It is like how true lah... Similar to people normally see Christianity from the behaviour of the Christians, given any companies, organizations or bodies, the best way to look at the organization is to look at its members. But you see, in current time, sometimes mission statement of the organizations are not fully followed by the members of the organizations. And its a little sad isnt it?

Probably the main reason why there are complains against organizations is that the deviation from the mission statement. Lets take the current mass exodus from PGPR. Background: the cutoff point for PGP this year is a whooping 45 point, which is a great leap from last year 38. This is significant because there is a quota of 40 points for each category of CCA (organizational, aesthetics, sports, community service, academics). As such, those who are actively involved in a type of CCA is guaranteed not to be able to stay in PGP for next year.

The mission statement of
OSA is "to provide, in partnership with our students, a total University experience that builds a strong NUS spirit". You can see the flaw in the mission statement. Why would they put "in partnership with our students" if students are not consulted in the cutoff points at the first place. Couple this with the one-sided decision to increase the room rates for the next two years, this shows how the mission statement is not fulfilled by OSA. But hey, the "NUS spirit" part is fulfilled... With this incident, those dissatisfied NUS students made a group in Facebook on this matter.

PS: I am under the influence of MNO.

1 comment:

Aditzz said...

about the accomodation. Go go go, we dun want to blame u or have too much complaints, instead let 's find a solution for this OSA.

about the christian. it is indeed hard to be a good christian.