Monday, April 16, 2007

Impulse 101

No, not that I'm gonna blog about some CS stuff... Just gonna share a little bit about my impulsiveness. I wonder why I' so impulsive when it comes to doing something. Well this blog is one of the babies of my impulsiveness. I never planned to have a blog... But then I used Aldo's laptop and happened to see Nonk's blog and with a snap of a finger (right one, that is... I couldnt snap my left fingers)... lamistry.blogspot.com. Another example is how I becomes the second-lowest-CAP among all my Indonesian friends in my batch. Coz I studied only when I had some 'kick'... Oh heck, now I'm pretty much started to force myself to study (in Ko Omar's house that is).

My impulse is my greatest driving factor. But sometimes, I just cant explain this to people. Just very recently, I was being questioned (must fill in this crazy questionnaire) about my motivation to Thailand mission trip. Well, I only have a reason: my impulse. It is like, He called, I answered, then I'm on the mission. Other people think it is not a valid reason (or at least I guess they just dont understand... yet) like Ko Wibi. He asked me to go back and try to unearth some more motivations. Well, guess I dont have any other one, Ko.... I understand the rationale behind tha exercise, but what to say... I have already been honest, haahhaha.....

3 comments:

-aL- said...

yea, rite...
it's not really a fun thing to do - 'looking' for reasons. I mean like... why can't I manage my time well? (err...) why do you like her? (never can tell why I like the girl I like) why did Laplace introduce his formula with e^-st instead of e^-lAme? (arrr.. bad joke..) why are we forgetful at times? (okay, this one's sensitive, due to some recent case.. I really don't think he reads blogs, though, so..)
hmm...
but your koko (wew) might be right by asking you, mike.. perhaps in this case, there is a necessity to look for your motivations. Impulse, okay, good! Great to be able to get His prompting in ur life. But then, perhaps, if u haven't done this,, might b a good idea to spend some time everyday talking to Him, seeking more concrete reasons and goals as for why you're up for the mission. By doing so, you might get a 'clearer' vision, then throughout the mission you will be more focused n concentrated because you realize what your motivations n goals are.
Hehe.. never gone for any mission, but.. just saying that in case it turns out to b a good input for you =)

The Lame One said...

#include<-al-.h>

int main(void)
{
// True enough, input received
return 0;
}

The Lame One said...

e^ -lAme (LAplace is ME?)
He might have thought about it but he thought again oh s**t... I'm becoming lame... That' why e6^-st hahaha...

Of course I will go and do my deep contemplation in prayers but still I could not think of any motivations when he asked me wew.... So far I can only think of two things, one is impulse, another one is exposure. But reasons and goals, well dunno yet... Thanks by the way, must pray hard.