Monday, April 16, 2007

Unattach the semi-attached fella

Tomorrow is my self-declared No-Crush-Day. I'm not attached yet, so must learn not to attach myself (yet) hahhahaha..... Dunno whether can survive or not haha. Well, one thing I have to write here is that this particular girl has changed my life (yes, +ve way, in case she accidentally stumbles accross this blog). For example I started attending lectures (though for not-fully-politically-correct reason haha). Anyway, enough of that haha...

On the more serious note, I am really really blessed knowing this girl (despite my feelings for her). She is a pretty new believer (double meaning intended haha). After backsliding for 1.5 yrs she is on fire for God now. Just looking at her zeal make me going back to my first love for God. Been weary those days. I withdrew from my sound system ministry due to 'tiredness'. I was honest when I told my boss that I was tired. One hour travel every Sunday at 6.45am, then packing up the whole sound system. It IS tiring.

But after I met this girl, I saw the zeal in her, then I am ashamed of myself. Come on, God has done many things in my life and I only do this little (not to repay Him, but as a show of my gratitude)... Anyway, received this SMS from her when I asked her for an Easter service "haha nvm wat church.. i wont turn down invitation to church one haha". Cant you see the desire for God's presence there? (Okay, maybe you cant, but that msg slapped me across my face). Adding to that, look at this message she sent me much earlier "do you know of anywhere near nus which sells bible? xxxxxxxxxxx" (the 'x..' is her name). She mentioned later that (I dun remember the exact quote) one day without God's Word is quite weird for her. Another slap across my cheek. I've grown accustomed to 'God' (as in the word 'God') up to a point I took everything for granted. I'm still talking to Him but really really seldom read the Bible, seldom worship Him as the way I did when I was really on fire.

That was then... Now I'm pretty much on fire to serve God (but I'm honestly still struggling to read the Bible). But dont get me wrong okay, I'm not doing my work at church to impress the afore-mentioned girl haha, we are from two different churches. Shared little bit of my services with her but my intention was not to impress her, but to motivate her so that she wont backslide again. Keeping her in my prayers for two things, one of which is so that she will grow stronger in faith everyday, up to a point she can transform her family. Another one? You know laaaaaa, dont need to ask one! Hahahahahaahahha.....

No comments: