Thursday, April 19, 2007

A little bit about massaging

I picked up massaging somewhere and somehow. I dunno how I first learn how to massage. As far as the timeline concerned, I've been massaging my dad since I'm like in primary school. When I was a bit older, I read about reflexology and sudddenly learned about it. The knowledge just flowed like that. I havent realized anything funny about this particular skill. I just know that I learn by being massaged, that works like Rogue of X-MEN. I can copy other masseuse skill if it is being done to me...

Fast forward to when I was working in Es Teler 77. The boss (Ci Meity) asked me to do some massage and it turned out that I could 'fix' her problem. Since then the staff asked me to massage them because Ci Meity promoted to everyone that I can massage, hahaha (Makcik sometimes asked to massage her hands and Mba Endang... umh, practically everything, haha). Once I even got the chance to massage Ci Meity's dad, who was a gym-goer, and heck, it was SOOOOOOOO TOUGH. Really felt like I was massaging a steel (wonder if I have to massage Clark Kent, how much energy I have to spend)

Anyways, one of those days, I was having a Bible Camp. Then NB (aka Ivan) was asking me to massage him after one of the tough day. And ppl started to crowd. And ppl started to ask for massage as well. And I started to massage them (8 in a row). Well, after that my wrist was a little dislocated (dunno how) and I had to stop rendering my service for 1 month.

Why am I writing about this? I want to testify that God may work wonders in amazing and unthinkable ways. One night when I was massaging Mbah (Mba Endang's mum) for her backache (and she claimed she was cured) she said that 'Si Mek itu ada rohnya' (translated into: Mike has a spirit resides in him). Well, I was actually shaken a little bit then, afraid that the spirit was an unholy one (I was once possessed by Indon spirit that made me unable to pray in English). But later on I remember that everytime I massage, I will 'invoke' (dunno the exact term) the name of The Lord. by praying in my heart. So, I believe that the spirit that the animistic Mbah saw in me is The Holy Spirit, (praise God!). This was further emphasized by the claim Mbah made that I 'tirakat' (meditate, i think) every night. Well, every night I was worshipping God with Ko Hendra's (my FA leader) guitar. Mbah believed that this was the source of my 'power' and for this I'm fully in agreement with her.

That testimony from an unbeliever (I even got to share the Gospel with them after that!) made me pretty convinced that God can use me in His healing ministry through massaging. Amos (another FA member who is pretty much senior in terms of spirituality) mentioned to me about laying hand and the sick would be healed as a sign of believer. Yes, massaging involved laying of hands isnt it? Many people has suggested me to open a semi-pro massage center or something, but I wont do it (unless for fund raising as Ko Omar suggested) because I believe in this: whatever I get for free, I will share it for free.

No comments: