Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Sinful Indulgence

Having a pretty crazy gastronomic experience today (or rather, yesterday). After having ayam penyet (with a lot lot lot of the sambal), I went to Es Teler 77 (where I used to work everyday) to have the specialty drink (the Es Teler). And since I know the guys there, they gave me extra ice, extra milk, extra fruit, etc, at a discounted price (sure Bim n Bul did not regret accompanying me there wew). After that, I decided to hang out with the Engin guys and Ansley (Mr A&W) at Holland V. Got an Earthquake (see Swensen's website) treat from Ansley there. Nice nice. And after the chilli-ice-ice diet, my stomach went disoriented, even before i reached PGP.

This incident makes me think about sin. Im not talking about trigonometry of course... Im talking about Romans 6:23's sin. Anyways... Eating a LOT of chili is like committing sin in many ways:
1. It has a great feeling when you do it.
2. You know that something bad is going to happen to you.
3. It is difficult to resist the temptation.
4. When you realize that you are doing it, it is already too late.
5. The result may surface before you can say "OH NO!" but it may not surface at all.
6. The consequences would be a pain in the ass.
7. You will regret doing it, but you will do it again.

Oh, for the point number seven might not necessarily be true for sin case. Coz Somebody up there has sacrificed Himself so that all sins (yes, ALL) can be forgiven. Maybe some would disagree with me coz if you have read the Bible thoroughly, it has been said that denying the Holy Spirit is unforgiveable. But yeah, for this I am not sure. I mean, if someone has really denied the Holy Spirit, will he be able to realize that he need forgiveness from God? I dont think so. So yeah, by the grace of God, I do believe that it is possible that we are free from all sins.

In the mean time, I shall eat my sambal with joy and pride coz not many can take it as much as me (Thomas aka Asec is still THE champion) hahahaha. Oh, and after taking a painful dump, my stomach is fine. Hopefully.

And you HAVE TO be fine :)

No comments: