Monday, May 28, 2007

Next step: sem 3

Unlike someone (or many ones) out there, I am not waiting till last minutes to decide what module I should take next sem. Other than 4 core modules, I am planning to go for Chinese 1 and one of the TR modules. I think my taking TR module can be easily understood coz I'm planning to minor there. But why Chinese??? Some people told me that it is a very difficult-to-score module. Well, I dont believe so. Bul got A and Jahat got B+. My main reason to take Chinese 1 is so that I understand my race's language and hopefully culture as well. After all I might need to do something in the future in Chinese (details undisclosed yet...)

Chinese is tough! I got the impression today. Let the story begins. Well one fine day at Plaza Singapura's Carl's Jr... Hmm, maybe I should refer to one of my older posts here. Anyways, on top of the Chilli Cheeseburger with Ivan NB, we were discussing about next sem module. So we are planning to take Chinese 1 next sem. Yeah, that's the spoilsport module. I know many people who know Chinese and still want to take that basic module. Oh, and Nonk also plans to take this module, and his Chinese is pretty good, and he aims to get an A+, and I think I am going to coerce him to do my work haha... Latest info from Jahat is that the tutors can kick people out from Chinese 1 class if they found out that a student has some mastery in Chinese. Wew... Well, I dont have any... So yeah, cant kick me haha...

Oh and talking about Nonk, I think we are going to share the above mentioned modules haha... I'm Engin and he is SDE but it's just a coincidence that we shared 2 modules. And from previous experiences in TR2201, sharing module with Nonk might mean sleepless nights coz we are both last minuters. Not that we dont want to do it on time, just that ideas flow freely when we got no time. But then again, I'm hoping to get other A's like my TR.

Talked briefly to my dad about my result. He's not that satisfied but he said it was okay. His target for me for next sem: SAP 3.50. I think it is manageable coz I've found my motivation already. Moreover, I'm going to drop some CCAs and that means more spendable time. Hopefully can rake up some good marks from Chinese and TR. But the challenge is that I'm taking 6 modules without S/U option. Meaning more stuff to learn. Consistency then is a must. I shall pray so that I can stay focus in my studies. For a slacker like me, it is going to be tough, but I shall try.

Oh another challenge... How to manage my social life. I dont want to score 5.0 but lose many friends in the process. I mean being a hypersocial person, I might go crazy if I dont see anyone around me. If I were to lose my friends I dunno how long I can stay sane. Oh well, I'm not that sane after all. Anyways, time management is going to be very very important... This might be a test for my maturity. Might not there yet, but trying and trying and trying.

Keeping tabs, those confirmed coming to NUS: Kris, Doni, Anita, Harry

2 comments:

William said...

mike links a lot eh? hahahahah.. ambiguity ambiguity

The Lame One said...

oi, nonk... my name is supposed to be kept secret... hahahaha