Thursday, May 24, 2007

True friendship lasts

There are 4 types of love as far as I understand: agape, philia, storge and eros. Okay, maybe a little confusing here, so here is the link to Wikipedia to describe all the 4 terms. And all these required well-oiled communication to work. Okay, one might argue about agape. Well, it may be true. Agape is the ultimate love. So yeah, lets take agape out. However, as I feel it today, sometimes, the main difference between true love and fleeting love is how it responds to the cease of communication.

Today is exceptionally interesting. Other than Nonk shaving his hair bald, I met two of my old friends. One is DC (Daniel Chan), my sec 4 classmate, and somehow we still remember each other, even through one glimpse, a typical passing each other thingy. The other one is Tim Lim (Mr. Timothy Lim), the Thio Chan Bee hallmaster. Now for the train of thought... Some days, friends will part their ways. But come think about it, friendships last. Does it? I think so. At least true ones will last for a long period, even there is a certain period of lapse in communication. Among true friends, there would be a certain bond of love which can compensate for lack of communication. It transcends distance and time. (whoa!)

And talking about a cease in communication, that reminds me of the saying 'true love waits'. Well, that is indeed the case in my honest opinion. One of the ways to differentiate between lust, just-an-infatuation and love is that only love will not pass the time test. Lust will be gone in a glimpse of an eye (best way to eliminate: prayer). Infatuation will cease once there is no communication (trust me, I have been there). But true love, by God's grace, will stand forever. Believeng in this, I always put my electric-sense-upon-seeing-that-girl into the 'time' test. And it is one of the toughest test around, coz you would have many weird thought when you are not seeing him/her for many days. And these days I am in this period. And I am 'tortured' in some sense. But I'm hanging right here, coz I want the best of me for this girl. The last thing I would want as a reason to break up with a girl is 'ilfil' (lost of feeling). So yeah, God please give me strength.

And now back to friendship. Among true friends there would be philos and from my definition of, it would last forever. So I do belive that my friends, no matter who where and how they are, will remain as my friends. Okay, this post may be a little incoherent and undeveloped, partially due to my tiredness, will try to go back to this post later (maybe). But yeah, that's my thought today before I completely forget about it.

PS: This post has been editted on 26th May.

No comments: