Wednesday, May 23, 2007

36th Post: Tribute To Women

Okay... Today is not a women's day or something but just suddenly reminded of this saying 'behind every great man there is a great woman' or something like that. Since I never consider myself THAT great, behind me there is more than just one woman, haha. Shall credit them here, wheee.... Oh and a little bit disclaimer here, I might not write about the guys version on this, simply because there are too many guys who have shaped me: my dad, my bro, 7 Deadly Sins, Hall 4 United, Engin Mugging Club, blah blah... (i always 'gang' up with guys what???). Anyways, here's my list (in no order of importance, other than my mum being the most important):

1. Tri Sinarwaningsih / Mum
The woman with 3 names. I used her self-given name out of respect for her decision. Well, she is a typical supermom. Nasty at times but very very very nice n loving lady. Can do anything, from cooking (her corn soup is awesome, drool drool!) to pharmacy (medicine pro, can cure any illness one) to business (her shop makes money already i think). The ALPHA female in my eyes. She has this prejudice about a certain group of people but hey, everyone does. But good thing is that she is very religious. Always obedient to God's law, including the love-thy-neighbour principle. I love her a lot.

2. Susmiyati / P6 Form Teacher
Fierce woman, iron hand, genious hater. She is the first hateable person I met in my life. Can forgive her already. She indirectly taught me many stuff. From how to lie low in hard environment to how to compromise with tough people. My mum said that she used my name to raise her popularity in my old school but yeah, who cares? As long as she does not do any harm to me, its okay.

3. Ninki Hermaduanti / Close Friend (SMP-SMA)
She was a smart girl. All of the time she is in top ten in school. Well, she is my first ever female close friend. From her I learn some stuff that differentiate a guy from a girl (not i the physical sense, mind you) such as how we think and behave. Called her Mbak Ninki which is how younger guy refers to slightly older woman.

4. Chiu Hwee Wan / Sec3-4 Form Teacher
The ultimate form teacher in my entire schooling life. Totally opposite of Susmiyati. Mrs Chiu cared for the well-being of her students, especially her international students. She made sure that we can cope well to Singapore education system, regularly calling informal meetings just to make sure we were doing well. And she is quite lame! Haha, could not forgot her 'come from China by sampan' and 'football club kids'.

5. Annisa Melissa Manurung / Close Friend (RELC-Sec4)
The second girl I address as Mbak. She is a very adventurous and daring girl. Knows many things. Has a crazy sense of spontaneity. She is a basketball lover. Taught her basketball at first, but she overtook me very fast.

6. Sifra Dian Asih / Close Friend
The name should be longer but I have forgotten wew... The aspired story writer / cartoonist / dancer / singer / linguist / whatever. Check her awesome blogs quite often. She always put her smile across her face even though she lives in a very very adverse living environment. I admired her faith in God. My bro and I always tag-team-ly play pranks on her due to her gullible nature. Hahaha...

7. Maria Yunita / Childhood Friend
Been friend since I-dont-know-when-is-it. We attended the same church, grew in the sunday school, and her recollection of me was 'the naughtiest guy around'. Someone (Vinz) speculated that she is my girlfriend. Well, up to this moment, it is entirely untrue. Normally it's "Maling teriak maling" (pot calling kettle black) right? A girl talented in artistic stuff (as far as I know: dancing, songwriting, singing), started to get close to her (after I moved to Singapore) due to her ex.

8. Grace Yunita Gumala / Ex-Crush
Just to clarify: she is happily in a relationship with another friend of mine. Occupied most of my mind during my JC2 year up to few months back. Emotionally pretty unstable but nice most of the time. A danceoholic at her own description, but also a pro singer. Love God pretty much, judging from her willingness to serve Him.

For now, this is the list. There are still many more who are still around me, supporting me in my life. But yeah, just cant write down everyone, coz they are still around! (dont you think it is very difficult to describe people around you)




*updated 220308 0625h*
Additional two names on the list other than changing the title.

9. Clara Yeo Siak Ying / Current Crush
The nicest girl around. She's the one whom I have always described as the nearest to perfection. Crazy insanely huge amount of faith and zeal for God despite her new-believer status. She taught me about priorities in life.

10. Gabriela Roxanne Kosasih / Junior
She's the one who pioneered the bible reading group. The typical female who is striving to be the best in all. Employing the asking favor method, she gets what she wants, in the exception of just one time. Given the effectiveness of her method, it teaches me to be always on guard.

No comments: